Your search for a hunting rifle that is suppressor-ready straight out of the box has finally met its end with the X-Bolt Speed SR. Modeled after the hugely popular Speed rifles what makes this rifle unique to other X-Bolts is the use of barrel lengths that are 4" shorter than normally designated for the caliber. The reduced barrel length keeps the overall length of the rifle short even when using a suppressor. Additional benefits include lighter weight and an increase in stiffness. The lightweight profile barrel is fluted to improve cooling for more consistency between shots. The end of the barrel is also belled slightly to accommodate a suppressor with 5/8"-24 threading on big game calibers and 1/2"-28 threading on varmint calibers. Not ready for a suppressor? A radial-style muzzle brake and thread protector are included and with the shorter overall length of the rifle turn it into a formidable brush gun.
X-Bolt Speed models are built to be accurate in tough conditions. In addition to all of the great features that contribute to the award-winning accuracy of the X-Bolt Speed rifles also include the protection of Cerakote that offers improved protection to steel surfaces when compared to traditional blueing and a stable composite stock with Browning OVIX Camouflage. The Speed SR is available in a variety of calibers ranging from the varmit-ready 204 Ruger up to the flat shooting 300 PRC.
X-Bolt Speed SR Features:
- Smoked Bronze Cerakote finish protects better than traditional bluing or bare stainless steel
- Match-grade fluted sporter barrel
- Belled muzzle allows for common suppressor-ready threads to be added to the lighter contour barrel
- Shorter barrel lengths for use with a suppressor
- Threaded muzzle brake reduces recoil (thread protector included)
- Versatile Browning OVIX camo finish
- Weather-resistant composite stock